Last weekend we went up to visit our families. My parents have a fabulous garden with two (huge) rhubarb plants in it. I'd been toying with the idea to make jam. For the most part I don't like jam, but my mom makes this one with rhubarb in it that I actually enjoy. So while we were up there I picked and chopped up my rhubarb. Yesterday I made the jam and had a couple cups leftover and made a strawberry/rhubarb crumble. Scott LOVED it and didn't want the kids to miss out. Relentlessly he offered them some and finally they caved- and liked it. Oakley really liked the jam too. But after she ate the crumble she kept saying how much she liked the Goobard stuff.
Also while we were up the kids, Scott and I got to help Grandma and Grandpa plant some of their flowers and garden. Oakley held up a trowel and asked Grandma, "Do you have another shovel stick so Sierra can help?"
So after a good weekend we have come up with two new vocabulary words; goobard and shovel stick.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I will admit that I've never tried rhubarb. I could probably be persuaded though if it was in a crumble. Sounds yummy! Love the words that kids make up!
Funny kid. I'll have to come visit so you can make me some Goobard Crumble. :)
What would we do without Oakley???
Life wouldn't be as funny, but probably a bit more quiet.
Post a Comment